Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 21 - Sun Nov 23 - Phitsanulok, or "Get me the hell out of here"

I'm sure it's a lovely place, this Phitsanulok (pits-a-NOO-luck). I'm sure I arrived in the wrong frame of mind (after a 9-hour-was-supposed-to-be-7-hour bus ride with no food stops). I'm sure the guesthouse clerk didn't mean to be rude and difficult, the mosquitos didn't mean to take over our room and that our sink didn't mean to be out on our "balcony" with the rest of the mosquitos instead of in our bathroom. I'm sure everything would have improved upon acquaintance (the town's bird exhibit sounded interesting), but I'm not impressed at all and didn't want to waste any time in this city. We (it wasn't just me) spent our evening figuring out where to go the next day in order to get far away from this city.

Let's blame it on the fact that we've broken our city-rural-city-rural pattern and miscalculated by making Phitsanulok our stopover on our way to the east. We remedy that quickly and head off early on Day 22 for a two day wat-stop before heading over to the Khao Yai National Park in the east.

We only snag one pic here, our tuk-tuk trip on the way to the bus station:


Photo credits: D

No comments: